We’re here to help answer any questions you might have. Send us a note and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Effective Date January 1, 2021
Introduction. Univar Solutions Inc., including all affiliates listed in its Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs), is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and suppliers in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Univar Solutions supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection, as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
Personal Information You Provide to Us. Univar Solutions collects your personal information when you create an account, call us, browse our website, use online account tools, report service issues, complete surveys, enter contests and promotions, or otherwise communicate with us. This personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name and contact information such as billing address, email address and phone numbers. We may also collect information about your account and your use of our services, which may include your account number, billing and payment history.
We may collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the identity of your internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system and browser, the date and time of your visit, the page that linked you to our web site, and the pages you visit. We also may obtain data and information about you from third-parties, e.g. credit information from credit reporting agencies.
How We May Use Your Personal Information. We have legal obligations in relation to the personal information that we collect from you. We fulfil those obligations by using reasonable efforts to do the following things:
- We keep personal data up to date;
- We store and destroy personal data properly;
- We protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure; and
- We ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data. Processing your data may be necessary for the legitimate interests of Univar Solutions or a third-party, except where such interests are in conflict with your interests, rights or freedoms.
Univar Solutions may use your data for the following purposes:
- when you contact us for conducting business with you and for our legitimate interest of communicating with you about our products and services;
- to establish and fulfil our contract with you if you are one of our customers, suppliers or prospects. This may include verifying your identity or identity of your representative, communicating with you and arranging the provision of products and services;
- data which we gain from your use of our website and your interactions with us may be used for analytical purposes in pursuance of our legitimate interests of improving our products and services;
- in order to comply with applicable laws and for our legitimate purpose of protecting our legal rights. This may include sharing your data with third parties as described in the section below.
For certain additional purposes, your personal information will only be processed with your explicit consent.
Your Choices. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Where appropriate, you are asked to indicate your choices at the time we collect your personal information. If you receive email or marketing communications, you may "opt-out" of that service at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails.
How We May Share Your Personal Information. If permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal information as follows:
- Within Univar Solutionsfor the purposes set forth in this online Privacy Notice. As a global organization with offices and sites around the world, we may share and transfer your personal information between Univar Solution entities. Any such transfer will take place in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and our BCRs.
- With our Third-Party Service Providersthat perform services on our behalf. Our third-party service providers are required to use adequate privacy protections and may use the personal information only for the purpose of providing services to Univar Solutions. Univar Solutions does not sell, rent, or trade your personal information. Univar Solutions may transfer your personal information outside the country or geographic region in which you are located. Where we do so, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place. Where applicable we ensure appropriate Data Processing Agreements are in effect.
- Business Transactions and TransfersUnivar Solutions may buy, sell, form, or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell stock or assets, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of your information to prospective purchasers or partners. In this case, we will ensure appropriate safeguards and strict confidentiality provisions are in place.
We will not use your personal information to send product or promotional advertising unless you have agreed to receive those.
External Links Univar Solutions’ websites may contain links to other sites operated by third-parties. Univar Solutions is not responsible for the actions or privacy policies of third-party websites.
Ad Remarketing This website may use Google AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn, AddThis and Turn remarketing services and possibly other services to advertise on third-party websites to previous visitors to our websites. Any data collected by Univar Solutions will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You will be asked for your consent if required and, if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by adjusting your cookie settings or using a browser plugin.
Use of Special Features or Areas of Our Websites Some of our websites include special features, such as surveys, licensed content, online store, or password protected areas. Specific privacy statements may appear on such Univar Solutions’ websites, including but not limited to our investor and career sites. On such websites you may be asked to agree to special terms governing your use of the special feature or password-protected area.
Public Forums We may offer chat rooms, blogs, message boards, bulletin boards or similar public forums where you and other users of our website can communicate. Unless otherwise required by applicable law or regulation, the protections described in this Privacy Notice do not apply to information (including personal information) that you post and/or volunteer in these public forums. Any information you share in a public forum is public information and may be seen or collected by anyone, including third-parties that do not adhere to our online Privacy Notice. Univar Solutions is not responsible for the events arising from the distribution of any information you choose to publicly post or share through our websites in the described manner.
Children’s Privacy We do not knowingly collect information from children to sell or promote our products or services. To submit registration or survey information, visitors must be at least 18 years old. If you believe a person below the age of eighteen has sent personal contact information to Univar Solutions, please contact us immediately at the address listed below and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly remove that information from our databases.
Security Univar Solutions follows industry-standard practices to secure the information we collect to prevent the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of information. These security practices include technical, administrative, and physical safeguards. Univar Solutions applies appropriate measures to protect the personal information in Univar Solutions’ possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Univar Solutions takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- SSL ProtectionSome password-protected areas of our websites require a secure connection with your computer. We use an encryption technology called Secure Socket Layers (SSL). A secure connection is maintained until you leave the secure area of the site. Univar Solutions cannot guarantee the safety of transmitting personal information over the Internet.
- Password ProtectionYou are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords. We have the right to assume that anyone accessing one of our websites using a password assigned to you has the right to do so. You will be solely responsible for the activities of anyone accessing our websites using a password assigned to you. You must promptly change your passwords if you see a risk of your password being compromised.
Retention Your personal information may be retained by Univar Solutions for the legally required timeframe and our internal retention policies. Afterwards we will securely destroy your personal data according to our internal policies and procedures.
Your rights Your rights in relation to your personal information include the ability to:
- request access to the personal information we process about you - this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to obtain information on the purpose of processing, category of processed personal data, with whom we shared your personal information and retention periods for such information;
- correct your personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- have your personal information deleted - this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal information, including where such information would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes for which it is processed;
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, in particular when your personal information is processed exclusively by automated means or the organization is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing;
- transfer your data in a portable format - this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a portable and, if technically feasible, readily usable format) of your personal information, or request Univar Solutions to transmit such personal information to another data controller;
- complain to a competent data protection authority or court;
- withdraw your previously provided consent to the use of your personal information; and
- request that a restriction is placed on further processing where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
If you have created an account or a personal profile on one of our websites, you should be able to access and update some or all of your personal information. If you wish to access, update or correct other personal information, please contact us. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will update information as requested, if we have no reason to limit or deny your request as permitted or required by law. However, if we are unable to verify your identity we may not update the information as requested.
Contact Univar Solutions To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact Univar Solutions in the following ways:
- E-mail Univar Solutions’ Privacy Program at [email protected];
- contact the Global Privacy Counsel and Data Protection Officers in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) at [email protected]; or
- send postal mail to:
3075 Highland Parkway, Suite 200
Downers Grove, IL 60515
ATTN: Privacy Compliance
If you are resident in one of the country members of the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or EEA) country member where you work, live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
California. If you are a California resident, you have a right to annually request and obtain information about the personal information (if any) Univar Solutions may have disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, without charge. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that were shared and the names and addresses of all third-parties with which Univar Solutions shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing through the contact information above.
Turkey. If you are a Turkish resident, under the Turkish Data Protection Law your privacy rights also include the following:
- to request notifying third parties to whom the personal information is transferred, if your personal information is corrected, deleted or destroyed;
- to claim indemnification if you suffered damage due to illegal processing of your personal information.
Changes to This Online Privacy Notice Univar Solutions reserves the right to modify this online Privacy Notice as required by posting a revised version on our websites. These changes will be effective as of the posting date.